For some time now, we at Taylors Tobacconists of Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, United Kingdom have been selling cigars from the Gurkha Cigar manufacturers. We currently have Gurkha lines available, with often up to 6 formats.
In the United Kingdom the brand Gurkha is concentrating on five formats: 125th Anniversary (Robusto and Torpedo), Gran Reserve (Robusto), Ghost Angel (Torpedo Tubo), Ghost Shadow (Robusto) and Gurkha Cellar Reserve.
- Gurkha 125th Anniversary (Robusto Torpedo): This cigar develops aromas of earth and a chocolaty sweetness. In the creamy smoke there are also notes of hay and the scent of forest floor. Flavourful, complex and aromatic.
- Gurkha Gran Reserve (Robusto): From the beginning onwards, this cigar is multilayered and spicy with fine notes of marzipan, almond tones and white peppers. Then there is coffee, nut and wood aromas in the creamy smoke.
- Gurkha Ghost Angel (Torpedo Tubo): An aromatic torpedo with sweet bitter notes, almonds and herbs in the creamy smoke. Occasionally also fresh fruity tones, mocha and caramel. Medium to full bodied.
- Gurkha Ghost Shadow (Robusto): Roasted aromas, delicate bitter tones, a fine herbal note and light sweetness. In addition, earthy and cedar aromas, the subtle sweetness of caramel, roasted coffee aromas.
- Gurkha Cellar Reserve: A perfectly rolled, box pressed cigar. It is flavourful but well balanced and releases aromas of cocoa, leather, earth and chocolate. A complex blend in harmony with a full body.
The current selection in the United Kingdom was expanded in the Gurkha line by a large format cigar in box pressed style. The format Gurkha Armageddon was introduced at the IPCRR in the USA and is now also available in the UK.
The Cellar Reserve Edition Especial, better known as the Cellar 18 years, is also brand new. It complements the successful Cellar Reserve line of the Gurkha brand but is a limited edition.
Overall we are happy with the development and the Gurkha cigar selection and we welcome customers to enjoy the experience.